DISINFECTION AND CLEANING PROTOCOL
Following the emergence of COVID-19, we need to take additional cleaning and disinfection measures to help prevent its spread and thus ensure the safety of our guests.
- We use accurate and reliable sources of information, such as the WHO and local authorities.
- We follow local regulations.
- We have a proactive plan to manage and minimize the risks associated with Covid19, as well as a plan to prevent the spread of infection.
- We carry out a thorough cleaning and disinfection of the property between stays.
- We document our expectations and the cleaning and disinfection plans, confirming with the contracted cleaning company that our protocols are applied.
- We inform travelers about the measures implemented, both before and during their stay.
- BuenaVilla encourages guests and anyone else involved in our properties to maintain good hand hygiene.
- Hydroalcoholic Hand Gel and antibacterial soap products will be provided at the property. We also recommend regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Our staff implements social distancing policies during check-in processes converting the process to virtual, as well as during any other interaction with our guests, staff and the local community.
- We inform guests about how they can contribute to the prevention of the virus and about the measures they should take if they have any symptoms.
- Our informative book has been converted to digital.
- We have implemented self-registration processes of entry and exit.
- Offering check-in and check-out processes without the need for contact (smart locks or keys and through the App).
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
Cleaning tools and personal protective equipment:
- Cleaning equipment should be cleaned and disinfected before and after use to minimize the risk of contamination.
- Cleaning products, personal protective equipment and tools must be in good condition and administered according to the size and use of the property.
- Personal protective equipment typically includes disposable single-use gloves, masks and shoe covers, as well as reusable eye protection.
- You should safely dispose of all single-use tools or materials after use.
- Cleaning equipment typically includes brushes, sponges, microfiber rags, and mops with replaceable heads.
- All equipment must be fit for use and approved or recommended by local authorities.
Cleaning and training staff
- The following apply to professional cleaning staff, as well as to anyone cleaning or maintaining the property:
- We provide information on how to use, care for and dispose of personal protective equipment.
- We have training on the proper use of cleaning and disinfection products.
- You should always wear appropriate personal protective equipment for your purpose during the cleaning process.
- Single-use personal protective equipment should be disposed of safely to minimize the risk of contamination.
- You should avoid touching your face during the cleaning process, as well as any unnecessary contact with surfaces, including personal belongings.
- You will need to implement thorough hand hygiene (wash your hands and forearms for at least twenty seconds) before and after removing your gloves.
Cleaning and disinfection process
- Cleaning and disinfection are two different steps, although both are necessary to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces or objects, using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces.
- This process may not kill all germs, but it decreases their number and reduces the risk of spreading the infection.
- Disinfection kills germs on surfaces and objects. To do this, chemicals are used that kill germs on those surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces, but killing surface germs after cleaning will further reduce the risk of infection spreading.
- Sanitation reduces the amount of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by both cleaning and disinfecting surfaces or objects and reduces the risk of spreading the infection.
- To prevent cross contamination, we use specific products and materials by area (room, bathroom, kitchen).
- We plan the process to start with the lowest risk areas (bedroom, living room) until we reach the highest risk areas (kitchen, bathroom).
- We ventilate the property during and after the cleaning process.
- We clean with water and suitable detergent.
- We use a detergent or soap and water, and leave it on for long enough, usually 3 to 5 minutes.
- We rinse, dry and wipe to remove all products.
- We clean and disinfect all cleaning equipment.
- We disinfect using the appropriate product per area. In general, the most common household disinfectants should be effective during the disinfection process.
- We follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (concentration, method of application and contact time, etc.)
- We follow the manufacturer’s application instructions, guaranteeing a contact time of at least 1 minute and allowing adequate ventilation during and after application.
We prioritize high contact surfaces such as:
- Door knobs
- Switches and controls (eg light switches, kitchen controls, television controls, fan pull chains).
- Bathroom faucets, tank handles, toilet seats.
- Utensils, cutlery and dishes.
- Furniture, such as chairs, tables, or bed frames.
- Children’s facilities, such as bunk beds, toys, or game pieces (if not removed from the property).
- Bedding, even if it looks like it has not been used.
- Garbage, recycling bins and any waste disposal containers.
- Cleaning equipment.
- Guest information, brochures, menus.
We take care of textile handling
- We minimize the handling of used textiles to minimize the risk of contamination, particularly if you shake them.
- We wash clothes at the highest temperature.
- Clean clothes are stored separately from used clothes (and changed between stays).
We are in continuous contact with our clients and we assure you that they will be attended under any situation, they are our priority.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.